REST Adapter Enables System Integration between SAP and Non-SAP Back-End Systems with Applications on Smart Phones and Tablets or Other Web-Based Applications
Raleigh, N.C. – March 14, 2012 – Advantco International LLC, an SAP® software solution partner in the SAP PartnerEdge™ program, today announced the availability of its SAP-Certified Advantco REST Adapter. Advantco’s REST Adapter for SAP NetWeaver PI is fully integrated with the Adapter Framework, which means the REST interfaces can be configured, managed and monitored using the standard SAP PI tools. With SAP PI scalability and stability, the Advantco REST Adapter for SAP NetWeaver PI ensures the highest level of availability for hosted REST services.
Combining the Advantco REST Adapter with the SAP NetWeaver PI capabilities, such as message transformation, dynamic routing and reliable messaging, broadens the field of applications and devices that benefit from enterprise Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA).
Thorsten Düvelmeyer, SAP In-house Consultant, Gebr. Heinemann, agreed on the necessity for a REST adapter in a review of the Advantco solution:
At Heinemann, we needed several additional B2B adapters for our PI 7.1.1 system. It was very important for us to have one strategic adapter partner instead of many suppliers. So we did a market analysis and found Advantco with a working solution for AS2, SFTP and REST. All adapters were very easy to implement and have an intuitive monitoring with detailed information. The documentation was very helpful during the setup. Beyond that the support was prompt and of an excellent quality. For the REST adapter, we needed additional functionality (a polling mode and NTLM v2 proxy authentication), and these were added very quickly. In the future, we plan to establish a ‘Restful Order Manager’ based on the Advantco adapter.
An additional review of the Advantco REST Adapter can be found on SAP’s Community Network http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/03/07/integrating-rest-services-on-pi. Here, the author writes that, “If (you) have a need for a REST Adapter, this (Advantco) is an option to explore.”
Key Benefits and Features of Advantco REST Adapter:
- Provide simple implementation for hosting and consumption of the REST services based on SAP PI SOA architecture
- Supports JSON simplified integration with web-based client application
- Endorses Open Data Protocol (OData), a Web protocol for querying and updating data using Web technologies such as HTTP, Atom Publishing Protocol (AtomPub) and JSON to provide access to information from a variety of applications
- Supports synchronous and asynchronous REST services
- Provides flexible conversion from XML to JSON or JSON to XML
- Incorporates OAuth authentication protocol
- Advantco REST Adapter for SAP NetWeaver® is native integration with the NetWeaver Adapter Framework. The deployment is handled by the SAP J2EE Adapter Engine, and it can be configured as part of the Integration Builder.
- Advantco REST Adapter for SAP NetWeaver® is compatible with XI 3.0, PI 7.0, PI 7.0 EHP1, PI 7.1, PI 7.1 EHP1 and PI 7.3.
Advantco REST Adapter for SAP NetWeaver® is available now. For more information and to purchase, please see https://www.advantco.com/product/REST
About Advantco International LLC
Advantco International LLC is headquartered in Raleigh, N.C. in the U.S.A. with offices and resources in Europe and Asia. The company specializes in designing and implementing solutions based on the SAP NetWeaver® technology platform for customers worldwide. For more information, visit www.advantco.com
# # #
Advantco is a trademark of Advantco International LLC. SAP, SAP NetWeaver, PartnerEdge and all SAP logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries. All other product and service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.