REST adapter for Netweaver SAP PI
Advantco REST adapter for Netweaver SAP PI
REST (Representational State Transfer) is an software architecture style for designing client-server applications based on HTTP which is less complex than the SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) approach, which requires dedicated server programs (producer of data) and a client programs (consumer of data) for exchange data. REST permits many different data formats whereas SOAP only permits XML. REST supports JSON and AtomPub which are part of the OData web protocol.
Since REST is based on standard HTTP it is the ideal protocol for consumption by light-weight devices such as smart phones and tablets, and web based applications, e.g. Facebook, Google and Twitter. Creating clients to consume REST services is much easier to develop and most enterprise services can be developed using REST instead of the more complicated SOAP protocol.
The Advantco REST adapter for SAP PI enables system integration between SAP and NON SAP backend systems with applications on smart phones, tablets or other web-based applications that requires fast and efficient data exchange with minimal network bandwidth. Combining the proven SAP PI capabilities as such as message transformation, dynamic routing and reliable messaging with the Advantco REST adapter will broaden the field of applications and devices that could benefits from enterprise service-oriented architecture (SOA).
The Advantage of an REST adapter for SAP PI, is that it is fully integrated with the Adapter Framework, which means that the REST interfaces can be configure, manage and monitor using the standard SAP PI tools. SAP PI scalability and stability features ensure the highest level of availability for any hosted REST services.
– Full integration with SAP PI Adapter Framework, Alert Framework and Monitoring.
– The REST adapter can be used to expose internal applications as REST services or to consume external REST services by calling these services from SAP PI.
– Support Open Data Protocol (OData), a Web protocol for querying and updating data using Web technologies such as HTTP, Atom Publishing Protocol (AtomPub) and JSON to provide access to information from a variety of applications.
– Support synchronous and asynchronous REST services.
– Flexible conversion from XML to JSON or JSON to XML.
– Support of OAuth authentication protocol.
– Support Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS)
– Integrated REST Workbench for better development support.
– Simple implementation for hosting and consumption of the REST services based on SAP PI SOA architecture.
– Support JSON simplifies integration with web-based client application.
– Leverage of the capabilities of SAP PI platform to host secured and reliable REST services with standard connectivity support to various back-end systems.
Figure 1: Configuration of REST sender communication channel.
Please reach out to our sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.