Advantco REST Adapter for SAP CPI
Web Services are the key point of integration for different applications belonging to different platforms, languages and systems. REST (Representational State Transfer) is an architectural style for distributed hypermedia systems which can be executed on any client or server that has HTTP/HTTPS. REST permits many different data formats such as XML, JSON, and Atom.
Since REST is based on standard HTTP/HTTPS, it is the ideal protocol for consumption by light-weight devices such as smart phones, tablets, and web-based applications such as Facebook, twitter, Amazon or ebay. Creating clients to consume REST services is much easier to develop, and most enterprise services can be built using REST instead of the more complicated SOAP protocol.
The Advantco REST Adapter for SAP CPI enables system integration between SAP and Non-SAP back-end systems with applications on smart phones and tablets or other web-based applications. It allows for fast and efficient data exchange with minimal network bandwidth. Combining the proven SAP CPI capabilities - such as message transformation, dynamic routing and reliable messaging - with the Advantco REST Adapter for SAP CPI broadens the field of applications and devices that benefit from enterprise Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA).
The advantage to the Advantco REST Adapter for SAP CPI is that the Adapter is fully integrated with the CPI Framework, which means the REST interfaces can be configured, managed and monitored using the standard SAP CPI tools. With SAP CPI scalability and stability, the Advantco REST Adapter for SAP CPI ensures the highest level of availability for any hosted REST services.
- Provide simple implementation for hosting and consumption of the REST services based on SAP CPI SOA architecture
- Supports JSON simplified integration with web-based client application
- Endorses Open Data Protocol (OData), a Web protocol for querying and updating data using Web technologies such as HTTP, Atom Publishing Protocol (AtomPub) and JSON to provide access to information from a variety of applications
- Supports synchronous and asynchronous REST services
- Provides flexible conversion from XML to JSON or JSON to XML
- Incorporates OAuth authentication protocol
Advantco REST Adapter for SAP CPI is available now.
Contact Us if you are interested in obtaining more information about our products or to arrange a free trial.